«In principle, the Government believes that all scientific papers resulting from publicly funded research should be openly available.» Klima for forskning (St.meld. Nr. 30:2008-09)/Climate for Research, a White paper on research.
Why Open Access?
- Because information and knowledge should be freely available
- Because the research is shared in solidarity with those who can not afford to purchase access to it
- Because the research is paid for with tax money
- Because Open Access contributes to increased distribution of research - including new user groups
- Because the author do not relinquish all rights to the publication to a publisher
What does CRIStin do in the Open Access field?
In 2012, CRIStin has focused on the following areas:
- The Ministry of Education and Research's project on Open Access
- Infrastructure related to institutional repositories
- Networking and information